Monday, February 5, 2024

Imitating American Masters, Sort of.

Sometimes I use AI as a learning tool. Here I was trying to become more familiar with the artist John Singleton Copley, so I included his name in the prompt. StarryAI lets me do this when I use their Argo style.

Oops! It shows some of the major shortcomings of imaging apps. One is the frequent problem with drawing limbs, and another is confusion when drawing more than one character. 

I also tried emulating a couple of American landscape painters such as Church and Bierstadt. This software imitates old masterpieces in their faded state, not understanding that they did not look that way when new.


Let’s see what happens if I bump up the exposure in my Photos app. 

 

I think they look better this way. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We moderate comments when a post is seven days old or longer.

Imitating Lascaux

A user created a cave painting style for StarryAI. I played with it for a few minutes and enjoyed it. I’ll probably try it again.